About Me

My photo
21 years old living in North Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Piha Beach

Yesterday we went to an awesome little hippie town/amazing beach called Piha!


It's a 45 minute drive from Auckland but feels so far from the big city... black sand, big waves and scenery!


It's cool how around here you can take a short drive and wind up in some crazy places! 



I'm not sure how often it is on the news in Canada, but there's been a big oil spill in the Bay of Plenty (about 5 hours away from where I am) and its disgusting!!! A ship carrying shipping containers hit a reef going 70 knots I think it was... fail! Now there's oil spewing and containers floating around/washing up on shore... along with dead animals covered in it :( Fail!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!